In many cases, a red penis is a sign of penis health, indicating a generous blood flow to the organ in question. In other cases, it can mean the opposite, perhaps signaling the presence of an infection. And sometimes, that red penis may be due to sunburn, especially if the possessor of said penis has paid a visit to a nude beach recently. So what can a guy do to help keep his manhood from getting a nasty sunburn while flaunting it on the beach or at a nudist resort? And when that sunburn is unavoidable, what steps does he need to take to get his equipment back in order?
– Sunscreen. This is pretty basic, but if a man intends to expose his penis to the sun, he needs to apply sunscreen to protect it. He also needs to re-apply it when necessary, such as after going swimming. Even when not swimming, reapplication is recommended after two hours. It’s also wise to use a sunscreen which indicates it is for sensitive skin, and one not loaded with excess chemicals or fragrances that could cause a reaction in sensitive penis skin. (And avoid getting any sunscreen inside the urethral opening, as that can cause a stinging sensation, which is not pleasant.) What if no sunscreen is available? This is not as effective, but spreading a layer of mud over the penis can help block the sun’s rays from doing as much damage.
– Avoid the sun. It’s also useful for male nude sunbathers to hide the penis away from the sun for a while. Rolling over and sunbathing the back is one easy way, but those who seek a deeper frontal tan can simply drape a towel over the penis for a while. Going for a swim can in some cases provide more protection, but be aware that if the water is clear, sometimes it can make already strong sunlight even stronger.
Preventing a red penis from sunburn is the best course of action, but what can a guy do if his manhood still ends up burnt despite his best efforts?
– Treat it right. Sunburned skin will heal on its own, but most guys want to take steps to help it along. This not only hastens the healing process but can help avoid or minimize unattractive peeling and flaking of penis skin. Generously and regularly apply aloe vera (but keep it from entering the urethral opening) to help heal, as well as a high quality penis health crème. In addition, try adding ice (wrapped in a dishtowel) or a cold compress to the area. Avoid any direct ice-to-skin contact, and don’t leave it on for too long. Also, stay well hydrated by drinking plenty of water so the skin can get the moisture it needs.
– Go loose. Tight, constricting underwear is the last thing a guy wants on his sunburned penis. Opt for light cotton boxers (not briefs or boxer briefs), and wear trousers that don’t cling tightly. It may not allow a guy to show off his physique, but it’s worth it to feel more comfortable.
– See a doctor. Rarely, sunburn will be so bad that it requires a doctor’s attention. A badly blistered penis may need extra attention to ensure no infection arises.
When a man discovers penis bumps on his equipment, he often worries about what this might mean in terms of his penis health, and with good reason. Sometimes bumps can indeed mean a condition exists which needs attending to. But in the case of Fordyce spots, the bumps are benign and don’t really require attention medically.
Nonetheless, some men (and some partners) don’t like the look of Fordyce spots on and around the penis and may want to do something about them. There are many DIY remedies floating around the internet for removing Fordyce spots – but should a man use them to get rid of these harmless penis bumps?
What they are
The body has a network of glands known as sebaceous glands. There are many of these in the penis, and they provide an important function. They create and transport the body’s natural lubricating oils to the skin, where they help keep the skin moisturized and prevent drying out. On the penis, this helps keep skin from becoming dry, flaky and cracked – a look that no man really wants.
Sometimes, however, the sebaceous glands work harder than they have to. They become overactive. When this happens, they can be seen on the top of the skin as tiny little dots, often white or another color that is somewhat paler than the skin surrounding them. This is all that Fordyce spots are – overactive sebaceous glands. They are not dangerous and pose no real danger to a person. And they are very common, with some doctors estimating that some 80% of men have these penis bumps. (Some people may also get them on their lips as well.)
Nonetheless, some people find them aesthetically unpleasing and wish to have them removed. Since Fordyce spots have been around for thousands of years, many folk “remedies” exist for them. But are they effective? Not really.
For example, many DIY remedies assume that Fordyce spots are due to bacterial growth, which is not the case. But nonetheless these remedies purport to destroy bacteria in the area, and thus remove the penis bumps. Typical among these home methods are the application of turmeric mixed with apple cider vinegar; tea tree oil; jojoba oil; or lemon. Whether they actually affect bacteria may be open to debate, but they definitely do not remove Fordyce spots.
Another tactic has to do with moisturizing the skin. Coconut oil and aloe vera are suggested for this, and while they can help keep skin hydrated, Fordyce spots do not respond to them. Neither do they respond to simply boosting vitamin intake, as other old wives’ tales suggest. For that matter, exfoliating via an oatmeal scrub or a mixture of vanilla and sugar is also unlikely to help.
For those men who really do wish to remove their Fordyce spots, it’s suggested they consult with a dermatologist. There are some methods, such as laser surgery and chemical peels, which can be effective. But since these penis bumps are benign, a man may want to be sure he cannot live with them before taking steps to remove them.
Guys know that a reliably erect penis is generally indicative of good penis health, which gives them just one more reason to be obsessed with the feisty organ they keep tucked away in their pants. Understandably, men tend to focus on the state of their erect penis, always wanting it to be as firm and solid as possible. For those wishing to create a situation in which that erect penis is at its best possible level, it may pay to look into putting more nitrates into their diet.
What are nitrates?
Nitrates are compounds that occur naturally in some foods. Scientifically speaking, a nitrate is made up of one nitrogen atom and three oxygen atoms. When nitrates are consumed, they lose one of those oxygen atoms and turn into nitrites.
Nitrates are found in a lot of fruits and vegetables. They also are sometimes added to other foods, such as bacon; however, often these “additive” forms create something called nitrosamines, which can have negative health effects. This article will be focusing on naturally-occurring nitrates.
Soil tends to have a lot of nitrates, which is why they end up in many fruits and vegetables. This is especially true of root vegetables, which grow beneath the soil and so are heavily exposed to nitrates. Examples of nitrate-rich vegetables include spinach, lettuce, beets, green beans, celery, collard greens, carrots and cabbage.
Since fruits tend to be grown on trees, it’s harder for the nitrates to travel from the soil to the fruit – and so they tend to have lesser amounts of nitrates. But some fruits thought to be good sources of nitrates are strawberries, gooseberries, raspberries and cherries.
As mentioned, once consumed, nitrates turns into nitrites, and some nitrites become nitrosamines; however, the nitrites created in the body from food consumption generally turn instead into nitric oxide and swarm into the blood stream. And this is where the erect penis benefit comes in.
Nitric oxide has a number of benefits. Studies have shown it helps boost the immune system so it can fight infection, assists in transmitting information between brain cells, helps improve sleep, regulates blood pressure, improves cardiac health, and helps open up blood vessels.
It’s that last which is of most importance to the erect penis. When a man becomes aroused, his brain sends signals to the penis that it should prepare for an increase of blood flow. When the blood rushes in, it fills up the spongy tissue inside the penis. This in turn causes the tissue to expand, thereby causing the erect penis to occur. If the blood vessels are not blocked by plaque or other substances, they are able to transport more blood, which can help make for a firmer erect penis.
Although there are many factors that influence the firmness of an erect penis, eating a healthy amount of fresh nitrate-rich fruits and vegetables can be helpful. (For that matter, sleeping well, having a healthy heart and keeping blood pressure at an appropriate level can also help – and those are benefits of a nitrate-rich diet.)
Are you over 40 and thinking about dating? Well, then know that it’s never too late to start a new relation as long as you’re comfortable with it. But yes, starting to date again after a long gap that also after 40 can be a challenge sometimes. So let’s take a look at some of the most common mistakes that you need to stop doing yourself right now.
Being Too Eager or Too Indifferent
Often people who date in their forties end up either being too desperate or too indifferent to start a conversation. But being too eager to start a relationship right away can actually scare the potential mate, leading to rejection. And being indifferent, on the other hand, may denote a lack of emotion and turn the dating experience in a sour one.
Talking About Your Ex Too Much
Talking about your Ex or Exes too much is one of the terrible mistakes that people in their 40s often commit. Dating offers a chance to start afresh. So, if you continue to talk about your previous relationships to your potential date, it may actually make them uninterested about you in the end.
Taking Things Too Much Personally
In this era of internet mingling, you must learn to not take actions and words too much personally or seriously. Instead, try to have fun with the new dating experience. No matter how much certain you are about your goals in life, don’t judge your date instantly.
Agreeing with Everything Too Much
Do you agree with whatever your potential date says? Well then stop right now, as it will ruin your chances to have a reciprocating and honest romantic relationship. It’s okay to fear a bit that you’re over 40 and you can’t effort people losing interest in you. But that doesn’t mean you should say yes to things you’re not comfortable with.
Holding On to Outdated Beliefs
Gone are the days when men used to ask women out; as in this cyberspace era, neither being shy nor waiting to be asked out can help you in finding the right date. Learn to make your move and you’ll see dhow dating in 40s rocks.
Remember, being over the age of 40 doesn’t restrict you from being what you are or starting a new romantic relationship. Just be aware of not doing the silly mistakes mentioned above, and dating will be as fun as it used to be in your 20s.